Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers In Mount Prospect, Carol Stream, and Rock Island
The personal injury lawyers at the Makarone Law Firm legal firm understand the serious nature of slip or trip and fall accidents. The damage can range from a few minor bruises and scrapes to catastrophic, life changing injuries that leave a person incapable of caring for themselves. In addition to your pain and suffering, you could be facing costly hospital ER and medical bills, lost wages, long-term treatment, and attendant care expenses. All of these can be financially devastating. That is where we step in. We’ll help you with the nuances of the claim process and assist you with getting maximum compensation, as per your case.
Did Your Injuries result from someone’s Negligence?
Anytime you go shopping or visit a private residence, it’s reasonable to expect that property to be safe and well-maintained. When a business or private property owner doesn’t perform the necessary maintenance and repairs to any hazardous conditions, it becomes a safety issue and puts visitors at risk. When their negligence causes a slip or trip and fall accident, you need to know what legal options are available to you. You may be eligible to file a personal injury claim for compensation. In order to succeed with your claim, you’ll have to prove the owner of the business or property did not do what was necessary to provide visitors with a safe environment.
Examples of negligence in slip or trip and fall cases include:
- The owner of the business or property made no effort to care for their premises and ensure that visitors would be safe.
- Visitors were unaware of any dangerous or hazardous conditions that existed because no warnings were posted.
- The owner of the business or property was aware of potentially dangerous conditions but failed to make repairs, post warnings, or take appropriate action to correct them.
The personal injury lawyers at the Makarone Law Firm legal firm have many combined years of experience litigating slip and fall accident cases on behalf of individuals living in cities like Mount Prospect, Carol Stream and Rock Island.
Protect Your Rights
Some property owners will attempt to avoid the responsibility for a slip and fall accident by covering up the evidence at the scene. To ensure that this doesn’t work against you, we advise that you do the following:
- Seek medical treatment immediately, no matter how minor your injuries seem.
- Report your accident to the owner of the property.
- Take pictures or videos of the property.
- Get contact information from any witnesses that may have seen what happened.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a slip and fall accident, call the Makarone Law Firm personal injury firm today and get the compensation you deserve.