Motorcycle Accident Lawyers In Mount Prospect , Carol Stream and Rock Island
Whether it’s to commute to work or enjoy a ride through the Illinois countryside, dozens of motorcyclists living in Mount Prospect , Carol Stream and Rock Island hop on their bikes and take to the open road. Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents in these and other cities have increased significantly over the past decade. Recent statistics clearly show that an overwhelming number of these accidents are caused by driver negligence. Sadly, fatalities are becoming all too common as well.
At the Makarone Law Firm legal firm, our personal injury lawyers know the uphill battle motorcyclists face when they’re trying to recover from their injuries, especially when it comes to being compensated by the insurance companies for the harm they’ve suffered. Many of these insurers take a “deny and defend” approach when handling motorcycle accident claims for seriously injured or deceased riders. When this happens, a personal injury lawyer from our legal firm will help sue for the maximum compensation that the law allows. We know how you have been injured and the long journey ahead, beyond the pain and suffering. And we intend being a part of it so you can recover.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- Defective or poorly designed motorcycle parts
- Driver error or negligence; inexperienced driver
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Excessive speed
- Hazardous road conditions
- Lack of attention when opening car doors
- Lane splitting (driving between two lanes)
- Left turn accidents
- Sudden stops resulting in rear-end collisions
- Unsafe lane changes
The 6 most common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
In May of 2019, the Illinois Department of Transportation released its motorcycle “Crash Facts and Statistics” for 2017. According to this report, there were nearly 1,100 deaths resulting from motorcycle accidents. For the survivors, the 8 most common injuries that were treated in hospital emergency rooms included:
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones / multiple fractures
- Damage to internal organs
- Concussion, head trauma, traumatic brain injuries (22% of the injuries)
- Lower extremity injuries (feet and legs accounted for 30% of the injuries)
- Muscle damage
- Road rash
If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence in the cities of Mount Prospect , Carol Stream or Rock Island, you could be entitled to compensation. For more information, contact the personal injury lawyers at the Makarone Law Firm legal firm today.